Sometimes my soul hurts a little when my alarm goes of at 6.30am and I kinda miss waking up hungover on a Wednesday morning, and skipping my afternoon lecture to go and get my nose pierced. However, there are a few things I enjoy about ‘adulting’ – most of them involving food, obviously.
1. A glass of wine, on the sofa, in your PJs, eating a (probably whole) tub of Ben & Jerry’s most calorific ice-cream, is 100% times better than cheap vodka in a sweaty club
2. Exercise is not the devil and is actually kinda like therapy
3. Casual drinks are an actual thing and don’t always end up in a busy club ’til 3am like they used to
4. Investing in good quality wardrobe staples is totally worth it and means you can avoid Primark like the plague (except when you need socks, obviously).
5. There is nothing better than a coffee in bed on a Sunday morning
6. Low calorie microwave meals are definitely not nutritious
7. You see your friends less because life gets in the way, but that’s totally okay because its even more fun when you meet again
8. Looking after your skin and sticking to a good skincare routine is important
9. Falling asleep at 10pm becomes a bit of a habit
10. Going out for dinner mid week is like the equivalent to a last minute outing to Hive the night before your 9am lecture.