It’s no secret that men tend to hate on women’s fashion trends. I’m all too familiar with the questionable looks I get from my boyfriend when I stand in front of him and ask if my outfit looks okay (it turns out caps with fluffy pom poms aren’t cute). However, I find myself drawn to somewhat ‘man-repelling’ trends and silhouettes. Unflattering is the new flattering right gals?
Scroll on for the five things i’ve been loving this season.
1. Baker boy hats. I actually got this one last year from ASOS and got quite a few odd looks from people passing in the street, although I reckon these hats are definitely in and here to stay for Winter 2016 and are popping up in all sorts of colours.
2. Sock boots. In particular these velvet square-toed ones which could win the award as the ugliest shoe of the year, but you gotta love them. I’ve been eyeing up a pair of crushed velvet cobalt blue ones to add to my collection.
3. Midi skirts. From the awkward length to the hip-widening pleat detail, they’re not conventionally flattering. However, I’m obsessed with this grey knit one from StyleWe and have to stop myself from reaching for it every morning when I’m getting dressed.
4. Wide leg culottes. Again with that awkward length. It’s my jam.
5. Anything chunky & oversized. I have the worst habit of gravitating towards anything baggy and avoiding things that are clingy and tight-fitting. There is just nothing better than an oversized jumper that has the ability to hide even the biggest of food babies.
Shop this look
Shirt – Topshop (old)
Skirt – StyleWe
Jacket – Missguided
Hat – ASOS
Bag – Zara